Take time to consider your health care needs and preferences. Here are some questions to help guide your thinking:
- How much did you spend on health care last year? Do you expect similar costs this year?
- Are you eligible for any health care coverage other than Medicare, through you or your spouse’s employer?
- Which prescription drugs do you take regularly?
- Are you in good health generally? Do you have a chronic condition such as diabetes, heart disease or asthma?
- Which doctors and hospitals do you use? Are you willing to change?
- How much time do you spend away from your primary residence?
Review the answers to these questions with a trusted, no fee, certified Medicare specialist to understand what Medicare insurance option will best fit your needs.